I’m so very thrilled to share that I’ve been awarded the Liebster Award, which is for blogs with less than 200 followers. This completely made my morning! Thank you, applepiezucchini!
The rules for this one are:
• Post 11 random facts about yourself.
• Answer the 11 questions made by the person who nominated you.
• Create 11 questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
• Choose 11 bloggers to pass the award to and mention them in your post.
• Go to their blogs and let them know that they have been nominated.
• No tag backs.
- I love Julia Child re-runs. I really wish I had thought of the Julie & Julia blog idea first.
- I often wish for a “Brady Bunch” type of backyard (the outdoor carpet material found on miniature golf courses) so we wouldn’t have as many bugs.
- I have no patience when I’ve had less than six hours of sleep; I have very little patience even when I’m well-rested. Clearly, we don’t have kids yet.
- I played the flute for a little over seven years.
- When I asked my husband for a fact about me, he said, “You’re stubborn!”
- I would much rather be cold than hot.
- I prefer soft lighting in nearly every situation; fluorescent lights are harsh and offer no benefit to the complexion.
- I have a weakness for puppies. While I don’t want a household full of them, I do love holding a sweet, warm puppy.
- I’m terribly nearsighted. I got prescribed glasses in fourth grade, and have been dependent on visual aid every since. When I reach the maximum prescription for contact lenses, I’m in big trouble. (Read: bottlecap glasses)
- I do not enjoy the beach as much as most people due to the fact that I don’t like lounging in the hot sun, and I don’t like seaweed and debris wrapped around my ankles.
- I do not enjoy long car rides, as motion sickness quickly affects me.
And my answers in response to applepiezucchini are:
- What was the first thing you ever learnt to cook? The earliest memory I have of cooking was making yeast rolls in preschool. Obviously, we were the “assistants” for the task, but I fondly remember those little clover rolls.
- Where would your perfect holiday be? My perfect holiday would be in New England in the spring.
- Are you an early bird or a night owl? EARLY BIRD.
- What is the recipe that you’ve always wanted to make but have been a bit scared to try? Fried chicken. I love a great piece of southern fried chicken, but I’m too afraid of deep frying.
- What is your favourite song / piece of music? This changes frequently for me, but currently, I’m loving the little intro piece to The French Chef episodes.
- Best ice-cream flavour? I’m always a fan of fresh peach, but Homestead Creamery makes a delicious Butter Pecan.
- Countryside or city? While I’ve always wanted to spend a day on a farm, I’ll have to say “city.” I could only dodge bugs and bad odors for so long.
- Which chef do you admire the most? Julia Child!
- Your biggest food dislike is? Raw tomatoes.
- What is the next cookbook on your wishlist? Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking by Marcella Hazan
- Hearty plates of food or michelin-style precision? I love great presentations and value quality over quantity.
My questions for my nominees:
- If you could cook with one famous foodie (chef, food writer, TV cook, etc.), who would it be and why?
- What is your favorite kitchen utensil?
- Hot or cold breakfast?
- Tea or coffee?
- What is your favorite cookbook?
- Sweet or savory snacks?
- What is your favorite travel destination of all time and why?
- If you could only eat one specific meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your most accomplished moment in the kitchen?
- What are some of your pantry staples?
- What are your top three food aversions?
Here are the under-200-followers blogs that I would like to nominate! I realized that I don’t follow many with less than 200 followers, but here are some great reads.